Date: 29th April
Cost: £110 +VAT
Venue: Our Head Office, St Annes on Sea
A one-day introduction to sensory processing disorder (SPD) presented by Lisa Hamer from Shine Therapy. The course offers interactive learning opportunities and gives delegates the chance to understand and reflect upon the everyday challenges that children and young people with SPD encounter. Attendees will come away being able to distinguish between ‘behaviour’ and the characteristics of SPD.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for:
- foster carers/adopters
- youth workers
- those working with children in care or who have been adopted
- social workers
- those who are involved in recovery work with children and families in need.
Reasons to Attend:
- provides an introduction to the topic with experiences and evidence from working with children
- offers practical examples and techniques that can be used to engage with children with SPD
- delivered by Lisa Hamer, occupational therapist and advanced practitioner in sensory integration
- networking opportunity to meet with other professionals working with children
Course Cost & Payment Details
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and an invoice will be sent out to you.
About the Trainer:
Lisa qualified as an occupational therapist in 2002 and pursued a specialism in paediatrics shortly afterwards. She is an advanced practitioner in sensory integration and the SOS feeding approach. She also has training in therapeutic listening and sensory defensiveness, the Wilbarger Therapressure Brushing Protocol, SCERTS and the ALERT Program.
Lisa works primarily in specialist education settings and with NHS trusts. As well as having her own caseload, she acts as clinical lead, managing the team at Shine Therapy and providing oversight in the areas of clinical governance, supervision and safeguarding.