We are looking for a new Supervising Social Worker to join our team.
Hybrid – Remote/Burnley or St Annes office – Plus regular travel in North of England (mainly North West) required
Up to £34,000 plus benefits
We are an Independent Fostering Agency based in the North West of England. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic candidate, with relevant experience working with families, children and young people, to join our team. In your role as Supervising Social Worker, you will support our fostering families across Lancashire, providing supervision for families who are already fostering, and undertaking assessments of new families looking to begin their fostering journey. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to develop their own skills, including newly qualified social workers.
The role will include completing fostering assessments using the assessment frameworks, and providing supervision and support for approved carers. We are a small, hardworking team, and our fostering service is expanding every day, making it a really exciting time to join us. Our directors and Registered Manager have many years’ experience in fostering, and are passionate about providing the very best services for families, children and young people. We want to cultivate a family feel fostering agency that our employees and foster carers are proud to be part of.
You will work remotely, with occasional travel to our Burnley and St Annes offices. The post will also include weekly travel within the North of England. You will work closely with our Registered Manager and other members of the team, to provide an outstanding service for our foster carers, children and young people. We are looking for a qualified Social Worker who is committed to working therapeutically to provide the best outcomes for children and families.
Key Responsibilities (Please see job description for full details):
· To undertake fostering assessments for potential foster carers
· To support and supervise current fostering families
· To promote the organisations visions and values when working with families, professionals, children and young people
· Degree in Social Work
· Social Work England Registration
· Direct experience of working with children and families
· Understanding of child protection policies and procedures and the importance of safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults
· Experience of setting appropriate professional boundaries with families
· Practical knowledge and experience of working with vulnerable families and being aware of any issues a practitioner may face while working with vulnerable families
· Knowledge of IT including Microsoft Office Products
· Full Driving Licence
This post has the following special circumstances:
· Hybrid working remotely with occasional visits to our offices in Burnley/St Annes. Travel throughout Lancashire will be required to support our families.
· Flexible working required to include some evenings and occasional weekend work.
· A current full driving licence.
(Please note: if you have specific requirements the appointing manager will discuss it with you in order to consider reasonable adjustments to the job or working conditions)
Why work at Cuffe and Lacey:
· Small, friendly team who all work to provide the best outcomes for children
· Extremely experienced managers to offer guidance and support
· Flexible working hours and working from home
· 20 days (plus bank holidays) Annual Leave
· Optional BUPA Medical Insurance
· Travel expenses
· Lots of opportunities to develop through training and on the job learning
Please send all applications to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!
Interested in learning more?
We would love for you take a look at our Job Description and Person Specification. If you are interested in applying, please complete the below application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a question?